Friday, December 9, 2011

Fall Semester Backlog I

It's been a while since my last update and a bunch of work from the semester was just returned to me. I've been practicing watercolor for my figure class and I think it's helped to loosen me up a bit. It's also good for testing color temperature on skin. Fun stuff.


Figure in Watercolor V

Figure in Watercolor IV

Figure in Watercolor III

Figure in Watercolor II 

Papa's Cherry Pie
For our last media project, we were required to illustrate a recipe in collage. I chose my dad's cherry pie because I finally was able to learn it from him over Thanksgiving. The photo reference I used was a 70's version of my dad. Afro and all.

Dr. Torvik
This was my thumbnail sketch for our media's scratchboard assignment. I didn't give myself enough time to work it out very nicely and I preferred this sketch to the final piece. Dr. Adam Torvik is a character from my graphic novel.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the cross hatch shading on this guy. Very cool emblem as well

    ReplyDelete